Fiorenzana

Most certainly the oldest building in the village of Grono, it is a five story residential tower, likely originating from the late 12th Century; mentioned in 1286 and registered as property of the von Sax family in 1314. The stone construction, square in plan, reinforced with stone slabs at the edges, is terminated with a gabled roof and merlons. A balcony, originally found on the south and east sides of the tower, was later destroyed – probably at the beginning of the 16th Century. During the 18th Century, a stucco-framed fresco of the coat of arms of the Rhætian Leagues (Grisons) was applied on the southern façade, though today it is almost completely gone.

ETRM,-Volume-Moesano-fortif